In this tutorial, we will be taking you through the steps on how you can connect the Binance Smart Chain to your MetaMask wallet for accessing decentralised apps and DeFi that support this.
Like you, many of us have been frustrated by the soaring Ethereum gas fees when using the Ethereum network. There is a great alternative that many have been using to reduce network (Gas) fees.
What is MetaMask
MetaMask is a crypto wallet & gateway to blockchain apps. it is trusted by over 1 million users worldwide and is available as a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Edge and the Brave Browser, you can also get it on your Android or IOS device.
Connecting Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask
To add the Binance Smart Chain Network you will need to open Settings > Networks > Add network in your MetaMask wallet, then use the details below. Please make sure these are correct and correlate to the ones on the Binance Academy page.
|New RPC URL
|Block Explorer URL
How to Send BNB to Binance Smart Chain on MetaMask
For those who would like to transfer BNB tokens from the Binance Exchange to MetaMask, please follow the steps set out in this tutorial.
- Open the Binance app or website, go to your wallet, Select Binance (BNB) and click withdrawal
- Open MetaMask on your browser. make sure you have selected the Binance Smart Chain Network and copy the wallet address.
- Paste the MetaMask wallet address into the address field on Binance. Choose Binance Smart Chain (BSC), enter the amount you want to withdraw and submit
- We also recommend setting up 2FA if you haven’t already. You should be asked for an email code sent to your inbox and a 2FA code if its set up to confirm the withdrawal.
- Once the security codes have been entered you will get a confirmation on the withdrawal
- Now that you have successfully submitted the transaction. The transfer should only take a few minutes and has relatively small transaction fees.